Sunday, January 15, 2012

Wedding marriage

I know I promised a catch up. Things I will need to write about include homemade Xmas, proposal & the realization that I'm too old & cool for music festivals BUT I am so confused at the moment.
Weddings.
Why do we have them?
Why do I want to spend so much money on one day?
I want to marry Will. Not spend $5 grand on food.
I don't want politics about groomsmen & bridesmaids.
Don't even get me started on bucks dos & hens nights. That deserves its own post!!
Guests list drama. People you kind of have to invite because you know you have to. Gay. It's all G A Y.
I just want to marry Will. I dont want to find a good photographer or a nice celebrant or find the perfect venue.
Someone please tell me why do we have to go through all this trouble? Even small weddings have these problems.
Then I think we should elope but people might get sad but then the wedding is for us. It's our wedding. Me becoming a Hammond.
It's our love & we've always being private. I'm not a show pony (hence having a small intimate wedding) but I think I don't even want that.
Why do we have weddings? To celebrate our love for one another in front of everyone else? Everyone already knows that we love each other.
Yes I agree it's exciting getting all beautiful & wearing lovely clothes. Walking down the aisle with my dad & I will probably cry when I see Will standing there. It will be awesome getting drunk with everyone I love. I can't even remember the last time my favorite ladies we're all in the same room together.
So yes. Confused. Too many questions. Is it just me being difficult? Probably.

No comments:

Post a Comment